Hays, Kansas: "Monarch of the Plains" Bison Statue
1967 limestone sculpture by artist Pete Felten depicts an American bison, the Monarch of the Plains.
- US Hwy 40, Hays, KS
- Old Fort Hays parade grounds, southwest of Hays, south side of US Hwy 40/183.
Visitor Tips and News About "Monarch of the Plains" Bison Statue
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
"Monarch of the Plains" Bison Statue
18-ton limestone statue of the American bison, completed in 1967 by artist Pete Felten. Hard to make a buffalo look heroic, and he didn't.
[RoadsideAmerica.com Team, 03/10/2011]
April 29, 2016
Kansas Latest Tips and Stories
- Mushroom Rock State Park, Marquette, Kansas
- Dalton Death Alley, Coffeyville, Kansas
- Car Cut in Half, Edgerton, Kansas
- Highway Bear, Stilwell, Kansas
- Pioneer Crossing, Shawnee, Kansas
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Video: Old Car City USA, White, Georgia
- Feature: Old Car City USA, White, Georgia
- 12-Foot-Tall Man Stares at Skyscrapers, New York, New York
- Route 66 Musical Road, Tijeras, New Mexico
- Hanged Dummy at Hangman's Tree, Placerville, California