Hays, Kansas: "Monarch of the Plains" Bison Statue
1967 limestone sculpture by artist Pete Felten depicts an American bison, the Monarch of the Plains.
- US Hwy 40, Hays, KS
- Old Fort Hays parade grounds, southwest of Hays, south side of US Hwy 40/183.
Visitor Tips and News About "Monarch of the Plains" Bison Statue
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
"Monarch of the Plains" Bison Statue
18-ton limestone statue of the American bison, completed in 1967 by artist Pete Felten. Hard to make a buffalo look heroic, and he didn't.
[RoadsideAmerica.com Team, 03/10/2011]
August 28, 2015
Kansas Latest Tips and Stories
- Fick Fossil and History Museum, Oakley, Kansas
- Golden Gate Bridge Replica, Mulvane, Kansas
- Atomic Cannon, Junction City, Kansas
- Kansas Teachers' Hall of Fame, Dodge City, Kansas
- The Troll, Wichita, Kansas
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Feature: John Deere Tractor and Engine Museum, Waterloo, Iowa
- Lonely Putt-Putt Giraffe, Ontario, Ohio
- Roy's Cafe Motel - Famous Sign, Amboy, California
- VHAS's Statue of Liberty, Vineland, New Jersey
- Big Honza's Museum of Unnatural History, Montgomery, Minnesota