Hays, Kansas: "Monarch of the Plains" Bison Statue
1967 limestone sculpture by artist Pete Felten depicts an American bison, the Monarch of the Plains.
- US Hwy 40, Hays, KS
- Old Fort Hays parade grounds, southwest of Hays, south side of US Hwy 40/183.
Visitor Tips and News About "Monarch of the Plains" Bison Statue
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
"Monarch of the Plains" Bison Statue
18-ton limestone statue of the American bison, completed in 1967 by artist Pete Felten. Hard to make a buffalo look heroic, and he didn't.
[RoadsideAmerica.com Team, 03/10/2011]
June 25, 2016
Create and Save Your Own Crazy Road Trip!
Try My Sights
Kansas Latest Tips and Stories
- Gallery of Presidential Also-Rans, Norton, Kansas
- Stonehenge Junior, Wichita, Kansas
- Restored 1940s Sinclair Gasoline Station, Norton, Kansas
- Restored 1930s Conoco Gas Station, Norton, Kansas
- Cookie Jar Museum, Emporia, Kansas
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- World's Smallest Church, Oneida, New York
- Lucky the Bull, Verona, New York
- Stephen Foster Museum, White Springs, Florida
- National Museum Of Roller Skating, Lincoln, Nebraska
- Pioneer Mom with Scary Child, Frackville, Pennsylvania