Hays, Kansas: "Monarch of the Plains" Bison Statue
1967 limestone sculpture by artist Pete Felten depicts an American bison, the Monarch of the Plains.
- US Hwy 40, Hays, KS
- Old Fort Hays parade grounds, southwest of Hays, south side of US Hwy 40/183.
Visitor Tips and News About "Monarch of the Plains" Bison Statue
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
"Monarch of the Plains" Bison Statue
18-ton limestone statue of the American bison, completed in 1967 by artist Pete Felten. Hard to make a buffalo look heroic, and he didn't.
[RoadsideAmerica.com Team, 03/10/2011]
July 5, 2015
Kansas Latest Tips and Stories
- World's Largest Ball of Twine, Cawker City, Kansas
- Play Poker with Doc Holliday, Dodge City, Kansas
- Worlds Largest Czech Egg, Wilson, Kansas
- Tin Man from Wiz, Council Grove, Kansas
- The Troll, Wichita, Kansas
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Feature: Titanic: World's Largest Museum Attraction, Pigeon Forge, Tennessee
- Lopsided Pink Dog, Memphis, Tennessee
- Welcome Alien Statue, Roswell, New Mexico
- Art Tigers, Memphis, Tennessee
- Carved Wooden Farmer, Chatfield, Minnesota