Springfield, Illinois: Car Bumper Deer
"White-tailed Deer" was created in 1994 by John Kearney from old chrome car bumpers welded together.
- 425 S. College St., Springfield, IL
- In front of Capitol Complex Visitors Center (Illinois State Visitors Center), about 2 blocks from Abe Lincoln Totem Pole. College and Jackson Sts.
Visitor Tips and News About Car Bumper Deer
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Car Bumper Deer
Chrome deer statue is made from welded car bumpers. The "White-tailed Deer" was created in 1994 by John Kearney.
[Chase Z., 03/27/2011]
February 27, 2017
Create and Save Your Own Crazy Road Trip!
Try My Sights
Illinois Latest Tips and Stories
- Batcolumn, Chicago, Illinois
- Mug Tree, Yale, Illinois
- Feature: Sit with Roger Ebert, Champaign, Illinois
- Nine-Foot-Tall Guitar-Playing Elvis, Braidwood, Illinois
- Gold Pyramid House, Wadsworth, Illinois
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Date Shakes and Hot Spring Baths, Tecopa, California
- Big Peace Pipe, Pipestone, Minnesota
- New London School Explosion Monument, New London, Texas
- Pink Elephant With Glasses, Clarksville, Tennessee
- Don Q Inn - Fire!, Dodgeville, Wisconsin