Prairie du Chien, Wisconsin: Towboat L. Wade ChildressValley Line towboat L. Wade Childress is a beached hulk along the river.
- 32800 County Road K, Prairie du Chien, WI
- North on Highway 35 through Prairie du Chien. Left onto County Road K past The Barn Restaurant (on the left) at 32800 County Road K. The boat is on the right a few yards south.
Visitor Tips and News About Towboat L. Wade Childress
Former Valley Line towboat L. Wade Childress sits high and dry in Prairie du Chien, Wisconsin. She sits several feet above river level with a levee built around several sides separating her from the backwaters she is near. She is right off County Road K, near the 32800 addresses.[Richard Stockman, 03/29/2011]
Nearby Offbeat Places
- Carved Sturgeon Photo Opportunity, Prairie du Chien, WI - 3 mi.
- Pinky the Elephant, Marquette, IA - 4 mi.
- Spook Cave: Underground Boat Tour, McGregor, IA - 9 mi.
- In the region: World's Largest Six Pack and Gambrinus, King of Beer, La Crosse, WI - 49 mi.