New Orleans, Louisiana: Fats Domino's Waterlogged Piano and other Katrina Relics
Permanent exhibit, "Living With Hurricanes," displays Katrina relics.
Louisiana State Museum
- 751 Chartres St., New Orleans, LA
- In the French Quarter, on Chartres St. (pedestrian only) between St. Ann and St. Peter St. At the Louisiana State Museum at the Presbytere, which is next to St. Louis Cathedral opposite Jackson Square.
- T-Su 10 am - 4:30 pm. (Call to verify)
Fats Domino's Waterlogged Piano and other Katrina Relics
Visitor Tips and News About Fats Domino's Waterlogged Piano and other Katrina Relics
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
A permanent exhibit at the Louisiana State Museum, "Living With Hurricanes," displays relics salvaged only days after Katrina struck. Highlights include the ruined baby grand piano taken from the flooded home of Fats Domino; a replica levee wall with water seeping through it; a recreated attic with a hole chopped in the roof (with the actual chopping ax); and "The Mabry Wall" -- a daily diary written on an apartment wall by a guy who was trapped there for over a month.
[RoadsideAmerica.com Team, 04/02/2011]
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
November 26, 2014
Louisiana Latest Tips and Stories
- Cemetery Chapel with Hands and Feet, New Orleans, Louisiana
- Pharmacy Museum, New Orleans, Louisiana
- Insectarium: Largest Bug Museum in U.S., New Orleans, Louisiana
- Marker: Where Stars Flirted with Local Girls, Morganza, Louisiana
- Birthplace of Willie Robertson, Bernice, Louisiana
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Forevertron Vanishes! (For Now), Sumpter, Wisconsin
- Tucson Toro - Magic Carpet Bull, Tucson, Arizona
- Big Jack Made From Fireplugs, Shelburne, Vermont
- Abandoned Whiskey Distillery Castle, Frankfort, Kentucky
- Feature: Housewife-Whacking Meteor Fell Here, Oak Grove, Alabama
Latest Visitor Tips