New York, New York: The Andy Monument - Gone
Chrome-plated 10-ft. tall statue of Andy Warhol stood near a former Factory location, and where he was shot. Taken down September 4, 2012.
- Northeast corner of E. 17th St. and Broadway.
Results 1 to 2 of 2...
The Andy Warhol Monument
Visitor Tips and News About The Andy Monument - Gone
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
I was going to Barnes & Noble and I noticed this on Union Square.
[Carol Jacob, 04/27/2011]
The Andy Monument
Before Michael Jackson was the King of Pop, Andy Warhol was the King of Pop Art. Standing ten-feet tall, plated in chrome, a statue of lanky Warhol assumes a casual stance atop a pedestal at the northwest corner of Union Square. A Polaroid camera dangles from his neck, and in his hand he holds a Bloomingdale shopping bag (Andy would stand near this spot handing out copies of his Interview Magazine that he carried in a similar bag). The location for "The Andy Monument" was chosen, in part, because it's outside one of his former Factory studios, and because it's where frustrated playwright Valerie Solanas tried to murder him in 1968. Andy (the statue) is scheduled to remain until at least October 2, 2011.
[RoadsideAmerica.com Team, 04/02/2011]
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
January 31, 2015
Create and Save Your Own Crazy Road Trip!
Try My Sights
New York Latest Tips and Stories
- Storytown - Vague Recollections, Lake George, New York
- Roebling Bridge, Minisink Ford, New York
- Balanced Rock, North Salem, New York
- World Record Eternal Flame, Orchard Park, New York
- Sit with Shark Girl, Buffalo, New York
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Continental Divide Trading Post, Continental Divide, New Mexico
- Marker: Atom Bombs Dropped Here, Eureka, North Carolina
- Navajo Code Talkers Statue & Window Rock, Window Rock, Arizona
- 30-Foot-Tall Native American Head, Ocean Springs, Mississippi
- Zinc Civil War Soldier, Graves of Interest, Iola, Kansas
Latest Visitor Tips