Galesburg, Illinois: Big Blue Adirondack ChairGalesburg's Convention and Visitors Bureau invites travelers to pose in its big chair at its entrance. This is not a trick by the Blue Chair to get you close enough to control your mind so you never leave Galesburg. Honest.
- 2163 E Main St., Galesburg, IL
- Exit 48B on 74. North side of Main St.
- M-F 8 am - 4:30 pm, Sa-Su 11 am - 3 pm. (Call to verify)
Visitor Tips and News About Big Blue Adirondack Chair
On the side of the building, and may be difficult to see from the road. It is fun sliding backwards in the chair when getting ready for a photo op.[Heather and Eric, 04/18/2012]
This huge blue Adirondack chair brings many visitors to Galesburg just to take a picture in it. It brings a smile and giggle to everyone. Those of us who remember Lily Tomlin as Edith Ann will feel like she did in her huge chair.[Jeralyn Wood, 07/27/2011]
Galesburg's Convention and Visitors Bureau is home to one of the largest Adirondack Chairs in America. The Big Blue Chair sits just outside of the front door of the Welcome Center right off of highway 74. Stop on your when in while visiting Galesburg or on your way through and send your picture to the CVB and they will post it on their website![Nicole Rutledge, 04/09/2011]
Nearby Offbeat Places
- Tallest Totem Pole East of the Rockies, Abingdon, IL - 10 mi.
- Norma Jean, Elephant Killed By Lightning, Oquawka, IL - 32 mi.
- Hero Street USA Monument, Silvis, IL - 39 mi.
- Tug Fest - West Side of Mississippi River Tug-of-War, LeClaire, IA - 45 mi.