Albuquerque, New Mexico: Giant Rattlesnake in the Median
Large rock sculpture of a diamondback rattlesnake undulates along the median of University Blvd.
- University Blvd., Albuquerque, NM
- Take Exit 220 from I-25 to Rio Bravo. Turn East on Rio Bravo and go to University Blvd, only about 0.2 mi. The snake is to the right on University Blvd, just beyond the intersection.
Visitor Tips and News About Giant Rattlesnake in the Median
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
400 ft. Rattlesnake in the Median
This huge rock sculpture of a diamondback rattlesnake is just 0.2 mi off I-25. It snakes along the median of University Blvd for about 400 feet. You can take the freeway exit, drive along the snake, make a U turn, and return to the freeway in just a few minutes. Well worth the diversion.
[Wm Breiland, 04/25/2011]
December 8, 2016
Create and Save Your Own Crazy Road Trip!
Try My Sights
New Mexico Latest Tips and Stories
- Billy the Kid's Courthouse Escape, Lincoln, New Mexico
- Cowboy Cutouts, Vaughn, New Mexico
- Ghost Town of Steins, Roadforks, New Mexico
- Drive to Rim of Volcano, Capulin, New Mexico
- Peter Wolf Toth Whispering Giant, Las Cruces, New Mexico
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- 3-D Outdoor Mural with Viewing Glasses, San Antonio, Texas
- Halfwit Muffler Man, Seaside Heights, New Jersey
- Vollis Simpson Whirligigs, Pleasant Hill, North Carolina
- The Mystery Hole, Ansted, West Virginia
- World's Highest Hill, Poteau, Oklahoma