Albuquerque, New Mexico: Giant Rattlesnake in the Median
Large rock sculpture of a diamondback rattlesnake undulates along the median of University Blvd.
- University Blvd., Albuquerque, NM
- Take Exit 220 from I-25 to Rio Bravo. Turn East on Rio Bravo and go to University Blvd, only about 0.2 mi. The snake is to the right on University Blvd, just beyond the intersection.
Visitor Tips and News About Giant Rattlesnake in the Median
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
400 ft. Rattlesnake in the Median
This huge rock sculpture of a diamondback rattlesnake is just 0.2 mi off I-25. It snakes along the median of University Blvd for about 400 feet. You can take the freeway exit, drive along the snake, make a U turn, and return to the freeway in just a few minutes. Well worth the diversion.
[Wm Breiland, 04/25/2011]
July 4, 2015
Create and Save Your Own Crazy Road Trip!
Try My Sights
New Mexico Latest Tips and Stories
- Welcome Alien Statue, Roswell, New Mexico
- Sparky's Burgers, Barbecue, and Espresso, Hatch, New Mexico
- Alien Sentinel at Fast Food Restaurant, Roswell, New Mexico
- The Blue Hole, Santa Rosa, New Mexico
- Big Molecule of the Cognition Enhancer, Santa Fe, New Mexico
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Feature: Titanic: World's Largest Museum Attraction, Pigeon Forge, Tennessee
- Lopsided Pink Dog, Memphis, Tennessee
- Art Tigers, Memphis, Tennessee
- Carved Wooden Farmer, Chatfield, Minnesota
- Hubbard Tower, Montpelier, Vermont