Albuquerque, New Mexico: Giant Rattlesnake in the Median
Large rock sculpture of a diamondback rattlesnake undulates along the median of University Blvd.
- University Blvd., Albuquerque, NM
- Take Exit 220 from I-25 to Rio Bravo. Turn East on Rio Bravo and go to University Blvd, only about 0.2 mi. The snake is to the right on University Blvd, just beyond the intersection.
Visitor Tips and News About Giant Rattlesnake in the Median
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
400 ft. Rattlesnake in the Median
This huge rock sculpture of a diamondback rattlesnake is just 0.2 mi off I-25. It snakes along the median of University Blvd for about 400 feet. You can take the freeway exit, drive along the snake, make a U turn, and return to the freeway in just a few minutes. Well worth the diversion.
[Wm Breiland, 04/25/2011]
March 27, 2017
Create and Save Your Own Crazy Road Trip!
Try My Sights
New Mexico Latest Tips and Stories
- Drive to Rim of Volcano, Capulin, New Mexico
- Four Atomic Bombs, Santa Teresa, New Mexico
- Flying Saucer and Alien Flip Phoner, Roswell, New Mexico
- National Solar Observatory, Sunspot, New Mexico
- Memorial to Drowned Boy Scouts, Truth or Consequences, New Mexico
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Feature: East Meets West: Father of Route 66, Tulsa, Oklahoma
- Restored 1930s Texaco Gas Station, Dwight, Illinois
- Salvation Mountain, Niland, California
- Uniroyal Gal, Livingston, Illinois
- Original Brunswick Stew Pot, Brunswick, Georgia