Sarasota, Florida: Village for Small People - Gone
Diminutive homes, the perfect size for tiny circus performers, are fondly remembered but long gone.
- Off US 41 turn east on Bee Ridge Road you will come to where Swift Road turns into Tuttle Ave, keep going and you will soon come to Midland Road, the houses would have been on the left right off Bee Ridge.
- Gone for decades.
Village for Small People - Vague Recollections
Visitor Tips and News About Village for Small People - Gone
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Sarasota was for years the headquarters of the Ringling Brothers Circus and all its diverse perfomers and workers. I remember off of Bee Ridge Road there was a group of small houses where little people that worked for the circus lived, I believe it was Midland Rd and Bee Ridge, or maybe Worchester. Living in that neighborhood as a child, I found the smaller houses to be facinating and cute, with smaller doors, windows, everything at a smaller scale. I was told that some of the Munchkins actually lived there.
People that lived in Sarasota in the '50s and '60s would remember the little houses.
[B Carter, 05/01/2011]
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
October 20, 2014
Create and Save Your Own Crazy Road Trip!
Try My Sights
Florida Latest Tips and Stories
- Serial Killer's Motel Room, Port Orange, Florida
- Biker Bar with Serial Killer Customer, Port Orange, Florida
- Giant Naked Torso, Miami, Florida
- Mothers of the World Monument, Tampa, Florida
- Tampa Police Museum, Tampa, Florida
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Western Mining Museum, Helper, Utah
- Elvis Shrine Inside Trophy Business Showroom, Hartford, Connecticut
- Giant Pepsi Can, Worthing, South Dakota
- Aztec Crash Site, Aztec, New Mexico
- Dolphin Tree Carving, Blowing Cave, Kennebunkport, Maine
Latest Visitor Tips