Fargo, North Dakota: Woodchipper from the Movie Fargo
One of the stars in the Coen Brothers' hit movie "Fargo." The famous wood chipper is a Yard Shark with an 8-horse power Briggs and Stratton engine, displayed at the Visitor's Center with a mannequin leg sticking out of the top. Display includes other Fargo movie items.
- 2001 44th St. South, Fargo, ND
- Fargo-Moorhead Visitors Center, I-94 exit 348 north onto 45th St. SW, turn right on 19th Ave S., turn right on 44th St S, on the right.
- RA Rates:
- Major Fun
Woodchipper from the Movie Fargo
Visitor Tips and News About Woodchipper from the Movie Fargo
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
One of the most famous "stars" in the Coen Brothers' hit movie "Fargo" is appearing in that city starting Saturday as a tourist attraction.
The actual wood chipper prop from the 1996 Oscar-winning movie is part of an exhibit that runs through May 15, 2011 at the Fargo-Moorhead Visitors Center (Update: extended indefinitely). Other memorabilia from the movie also will be on display. While the wood chipper's time on-screen was brief, its use as a body-disposal device made for a disturbingly memorable scene.
The wood chipper is a Yard Shark with an 8-horse power Briggs and Stratton engine.
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
December 7, 2013
North Dakota Latest Tips and Stories
- Life-Size 32-Piece Cattle Drive, Mandan, North Dakota
- Dinosaur Statues, Dickinson, North Dakota
- Four Arrows Monument, Belcourt, North Dakota
- Giant Sandhill Crane, Steele, North Dakota
- Wheelie Turtle, Dunseith, North Dakota
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Longest Epitaph In Granite, Bloomington, Illinois
- Coffinwood, Pahrump, Nevada
- White Squirrels of the Pacific, Dana Point, California
- Grave of the Oldest Civil War Soldier, Chillicothe, Iowa
- Munch Box, Chatsworth, California
Latest Visitor Tips