Princeton, New Jersey: Soulful Head of Bruce SpringsteenA bust tribute to singer-songwriter-celebrity-social-activist Bruce Springsteen.
- Faculty Rd, Princeton, NJ
- South side of town, next to the Delta gas station at the corner of Faculty Rd and Alexander St.
Visitor Tips and News About Soulful Head of Bruce Springsteen
"Ugly Statue" of Bruce Springsteen is now installed in Princeton, at the corner of Alexander Rd and Faculty Rd, by the Delta gas station.[Gabriel K, 10/27/2013]
The cement head of Springsteen, plated bronze, has drawn unflattering reviews since it first appeared in Asbury Park in 2011. Its sculptor served his art apprenticeship at Princeton University, where it may find a fan base.
The general impression of Bruce Springsteen is that he would rather have people listen to his music than look at his face. Regardless, Asbury Park has erected a bust of its most famous homeboy in a small downtown park. Titled "Soulful Humanitarian," the bandana-wearing, soul-patched singer was made by local sculptor Stephen Zorochin out of cement with painted-on bronze. To us, Bruce's head looks either angry about social injustice, or dazed to find himself immobilized in Asbury Park.
Bruce fans will no doubt pay their respects, and Zorochin's sculpture is not unwelcome when contrasted with another bust nearby -- of the park's namesake, President Kennedy, with what appears to be lizard scales instead of skin, and no eyes.[RoadsideAmerica.com Team, 05/14/2011]
Nearby Offbeat Places
- Einstein Mini-Museum in Woolens Store, Princeton, NJ - < 1 mi.
- Deadly Love Boat Bell of President and First Lady Tyler, Princeton, NJ - < 1 mi.
- Tombstone of Elsie the Cow, Plainsboro, NJ - 2 mi.
- In the region: Water Tank Robots, Vincentown, NJ - 33 mi.