Copperhill, Tennessee: State Line Through a Bar
Bar and restaurant straddles the state line of Georgia and Tennessee. Bar is on TN side; bathrooms are on the "dry" Georgia side.
- 109 Ocoee St., Copperhill, TN
- Grand St. and Ocoee St./Toccoa Ave., south side.
- Free, but you'll probably wanna buy something
State Line Through a Bar
Visitor Tips and News About State Line Through a Bar
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
There's a bar in Copperhill called Patrick's Pub & Grill. The state state line that Tennessee shares with Georgia goes right through the bar. The trouble is that the Tennessee side of the bar is in Polk County, which allows liquor by the drink. The Georgia side of the bar is in McCaysville, which is in Fannin County. Fannin County is a dry county. So the "bar" section is in the front of the building, which is on the Tennessee side. The bathrooms, and everything else, is in the back, which is on the Georgia side.
If you want to go to the bathroom, they have a little table that's maybe 5 feet from the bathroom door, but you must leave your beer there on the table because the table is in Tennessee but the bathroom is in Georgia.
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
May 25, 2013
Create and Save Your Own Crazy Road Trip!
Try My Sights
Tennessee Latest Tips and Stories
- The Miner's Circle - Mine Explosion Graves, Lake City, Tennessee
- Feature: National Knife Museum, Sevierville, Tennessee
- Feature: Mud Island, Memphis, Tennessee
- Feature: Hannah's Maze of Mirrors, Pigeon Forge, Tennessee
- Sugar Flat Road Creature, Chattanooga, Tennessee
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Mountain Meadows Massacre Mass Grave, Central, Utah
- Replica of Thomas Jefferson's Monticello, Monticello, Indiana
- Buffalo Trails Museum, Epping, North Dakota
- Ice Cream Cone Shaped Building, Kissimmee, Florida
- Gnarled Hand Rising from the Earth, Saskatoon, Saskatchewan
Latest Visitor Tips