Bertram, Texas: Lizzie, Car Parts Dinosaur
A large dinosaur skeleton, constructed by the late Garrett Wilkinson from discarded auto parts, is mounted on a trailer and pulled in local parades. Last known nesting spot was along Hwy. 29 behind the Central Feed Store.
- 523 E State Hwy 29, Bertram, TX
- Along the south side of Rt 29 (possible bonus sight - a metal man playing a horn). Location approximate - need cross street.
Visitor Tips and News About Lizzie, Car Parts Dinosaur
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Car Parts T-Rex
Well made, has been here for 18 years that I know of. There is a cannon, an 8 ft. tall man made of junk, also a couple of statues.
[John Ruffalo, 05/21/2011]
April 29, 2017
Texas Latest Tips and Stories
- The Chairy Orchard, Denton, Texas
- Vietnam Memorial, Mineral Wells, Texas
- Bottle Cap Alley, College Station, Texas
- Rowdy the Roadrunner, San Antonio, Texas
- Big Soup Can, Eastland, Texas
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Toy and Action Figure Museum, Pauls Valley, Oklahoma
- Giant Purple Face of Prince, Chanhassen, Minnesota
- Halfwit Muffler Man, Holmeson, New Jersey
- Award-Winning Art Deco Bathroom, Nashville, Tennessee
- Gas Station Taxidermy Museum, Rapid City, South Dakota