Canon City, Colorado: Live Hangings at Frontier Town - Gone
- The attraction was sold, crated, and shipped to an undisclosed location in September 2010.
- May 1 - Sep 30, 9 am - 6:30 pm. (Call to verify)
Buckskin Joe's hangings are part of a Wild West show, acted out by semipro gunslingers and seasonally underemployed ski instructors. Roadsideamerica.com Report...
Visitor Tips and News About Live Hangings at Frontier Town - Gone
I got to be a gunfighter for a day at Buckskin Joe's. I got shot and played in all the shows they did. I even got to hang a guy, when we did one of the shows that had a hanging in it. It was hard work, but so worth it.
Growing up I used to play cowboys all the time and watch westerns and this was like doing both, playing in a western movie. I would do it again the next time I go to Colorado.[Steve C, 05/11/2008]
You can't beat hanging a guy. Here's a photo from our visit (we didn't get shot or hanged).
"Town of Terror" -- we don't know what it is yet, but Buckskin Joe is advertising it as "coming soon," with the tag line: "There's nothing scarier than the real thing." The History Channel shot a "Haunted Rockies" documentary there in 2001. We always thought the employees at BJ's performed well in their mock gunfights and hangings.[Roadsideamerica.com Team, 03/03/2005]
Nearby Offbeat Places
- America's Highest Suspension Bridge - Temporarily Closed, Canon City, CO - 1 mi.
- Segway Track and Tours, Canon City, CO - 1 mi.
- Museum of Colorado Prisons, Canon City, CO - 5 mi.
- In the region: May Natural History Museum of the Tropics, Colorado Springs, CO - 31 mi.