Effingham, Illinois: My Garage Museum
Collection of vintage Corvettes and VWs includes the Crocodile Corvette from the movie Death Race 2000and a stunt Herbie the Love Bug VW.
My Garage Museum
Visitor Tips and News About My Garage Museum
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Located beside the replica 1910 Gas Station in Effingham lies a large collection of vintage Corvettes and VWs worth millions! As you walk to the building you are greeted by statues of cows with Corvettes painted on them. This is only the beginning! From vintage, mint Corvettes valued at a million dollars to the Crocodile Corvette used in the movie Death Race 2000 to a stunt Herbie the Love Bug VW, the selection of vehicles is impressive.
The souvenir selection is interesting as well. I didn't even know they made "Corvette Barbie," much less animal crackers shaped like Corvettes!
[Patty P, 06/03/2011]
Nearby Offbeat Places
- Restored 1910 Gas Station, Effingham, IL - < 1 mi.
- World's Largest Cross, Effingham, IL - 5 mi.
- Giant Bull, Stewardson, IL - 8 mi.
- In the region: Indian Teepees, Buffalo, Big Pumpkin, St. Elmo, IL - 21 mi.
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
May 21, 2013
Illinois Latest Tips and Stories
- Feature: Dungeons & Dragons Park, Carbondale, Illinois
- Uniroyal Gal, Mount Vernon, Illinois
- The Ledge - 1,353 Feet Straight Down, Chicago, Illinois
- The Bean - Stoners' Delight, Chicago, Illinois
- "Gertrude" the Guernsey Cow, Rockford, Illinois
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- 25-Foot-Tall Santa with Thick Head, Watson, Saskatchewan
- Big Green Dinosaur, Wharton, Texas
- Feature: National Knife Museum, Sevierville, Tennessee
- Metalmorphosis - Giant Head, Charlotte, North Carolina
- Feature: Mud Island, Memphis, Tennessee
Latest Visitor Tips