Cotati, California: Accordionist Statue
Lifesized bronze statue of accordion player Jim Boggio, who died in 1996. Statue erected in 1997. Boggio, a member of the band the Sonoma Swampdogs, co-created the annual Accordion Festival, held around the third weekend in August.
- 60 W. Cotati Ave., Cotati, CA
- In La Plaza Park at the center of town, at the corner of Old Redwood Hwy and W. Sierra Ave.
- Always visible. Festival in August.
- RA Rates:
- Worth a Detour
Visitor Tips and News About Accordionist Statue
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Statue of accordion player Jim Boggio. Sure looks like he enjoyed what he did. Cotati musy have enjoyed it, too - they have an accordion festival every year.
[Ed Lenarcic, 06/04/2011]
September 1, 2015
California Latest Tips and Stories
- Taxidermy with Mexican Food, Barstow, California
- Merle Haggard's Boxcar Home, Black Gold Oil Exhibit, Bakersfield, California
- Roy's Cafe Motel - Famous Sign, Amboy, California
- Muffler Man - Cowboy Willy, Willits, California
- Elfin Forest, Los Osos, California
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Sin Alco: "You'll Like It", Corinth, Mississippi
- Giant Cow, Cortez, Colorado
- Spirit Lake Massacre Monument and Graves, Arnolds Park, Iowa
- Highest Point in Iowa - Hawkeye Point, Sibley, Iowa
- Windmill Garden, Erick, Oklahoma