Columbia, Pennsylvania: The Turkey Hill Experience
Ice cream manufacturer turned a gutted silk mill into an interactive giant tub of ice cream and a simulated deep freeze. Flush out the pipes in a fake factory and milk a robot cow.
- 301 Linden St., Columbia, PA
- Exit US Hwy 30 onto Hwy 441/Linden St. (Columbia) just east of Susquehanna River bridge. The Experience is just south of US Hwy 30, on the northeast corner of Hwy 441 and Linden St., next to the Burger King.
- Adults $11.50
The Turkey Hill Experience
Visitor Tips and News About The Turkey Hill Experience
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
An 80-year-old Pennsylvania ice cream manufacturer has turned a gutted and abandoned silk mill into an interactive frozen dairy "experience." No ice cream is made at the Experience, but Turkey Hill is betting that you won't care. The Experience was designed by the same company that built The Hershey Story a few miles up the road. Visitors get to walk through a giant tub of ice cream, stand in a simulated deep freeze, flush out the pipes in a fake factory, and milk one of several robotic cows. Turkey Hill's president explained the motivation behind creating the Experience in a company press release: "We think as we tell our story, people will become even more in love with our products."
[RoadsideAmerica.com Team, 06/11/2011]
Nearby Offbeat Places
- Big Cow, Columbia, PA - < 1 mi.
- National Watch and Clock Museum, Columbia, PA - < 1 mi.
- Hatteras Lighthouse Replica, Accomac, PA - 3 mi.
- In the region: Mine Horror Ride, Museum, Giant Bread Loaf, Elysburg, PA - 58 mi.
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
March 10, 2014
Create and Save Your Own Crazy Road Trip!
Try My Sights
Pennsylvania Latest Tips and Stories
- Eastern State Penitentiary Tours, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Feature: Pioneer Tunnel Coal Mine Tour, Ashland, Pennsylvania
- Tallest Tombstone in America, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Indian Echo Caverns, Hummelstown, Pennsylvania
- Feature: AACA Museum and Museum of Bus Transportation, Hershey, Pennsylvania
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Feature: The Wooldridge Monuments, Mayfield, Kentucky
- Graffiti Bridge, Pensacola, Florida
- Babe the Muffler Man, San Jose, California
- Olympic Torch Tower, Atlanta, Georgia
- World's Largest Indoor Train Display, West Chester, Ohio
Latest Visitor Tips