Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada: Giant Sparrows
Two lifelike birds, 18 feet tall, created by artist Myfanwy MacLeod, who meant it as warning against non-native species. The giant sparrows have expressions suggesting that they view itty-bitty humans as food.
- Salt St., Vancouver, BC, Canada
- In the former Olympic Village. The two birds stand on either side of a plaza that fills the space between Manitoba and Salt Sts, just north of Walter Hardwick Ave. Three blocks west of Main St. and two blocks north of W. 2nd Ave.
Visitor Tips and News About Giant Sparrows
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Two giant 16-foot-tall sparrows by artist Myfanwy MacLeod stand in False Creek Plaza.
[David Kamada, 08/12/2012]
Nearby Offbeat Places
- Very Large Abacus, Vancouver, BC, Canada - < 1 mi.
- Police Museum: The Milkshake Murderer, Vancouver, BC, Canada - < 1 mi.
- Vancouver Centennial Rocket Ship, Vancouver, BC, Canada - < 1 mi.
- Big Drill Bit, Vancouver, BC, Canada - 4 mi.
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
July 30, 2014
British Columbia Latest Tips and Stories
- World's Largest Wooden Paddle, Parson, British Columbia
- Goats on the Roof, Nanaimo, British Columbia
- Vancouver Centennial Rocket Ship, Vancouver, British Columbia
- Very Large Abacus, Vancouver, British Columbia
- Police Museum: The Milkshake Murderer, Vancouver, British Columbia
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Comic Rockstars Toilet Seat Museum, San Francisco, California
- Backyard Golden Gate Bridge Replica, Mulvane, Kansas
- Future Birthplace of James T. Kirk, Riverside, Iowa
- Feature: Mardi Gras World, New Orleans, Louisiana
- Al's Oasis - Big Buffalo, Oacoma, South Dakota
Latest Visitor Tips