Bodega Bay, California: "The Birds" Movie Restaurant
Bodega Bay restaurant featured in Alfred Hitchcock's 1963 film "The Birds." Nearby is the dock where Tippi Hedren rented a motorboat.
"The Birds" Movie Restaurant
Visitor Tips and News About "The Birds" Movie Restaurant
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Bodega Bay is the town Alfred Hitchcock used as the setting for his 1963 film "The Birds." In Bodega Bay, you'll find that the Tides restaurant -- where Tippi Hedren, Rod Taylor and the locals all debated and then hid from the birds -- has been vastly expanded and modernized. It's a very nice place on the water and, yes, birds still congregate there. There's no sign of the explosive gas station or phone booth that Tippi caged herself in, but the dock where she rented a motorboat to get to Rod's house across the bay is also still in Bodega Bay.
[Gunnar Johnson, 06/27/2011]
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
May 23, 2013
California Latest Tips and Stories
- Urge - Robot Mimics You, San Francisco, California
- Speaking in Tongues Began Here, Los Angeles, California
- Smitten Ice Cream, San Francisco, California
- Ice Cream Parlor Bison Statue, Avalon, California
- Statue of Old Ben, Hungry Sea Lion, Avalon, California
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Mountain Meadows Massacre Mass Grave, Central, Utah
- Replica of Thomas Jefferson's Monticello, Monticello, Indiana
- The Miner's Circle - Mine Explosion Graves, Lake City, Tennessee
- Buffalo Trails Museum, Epping, North Dakota
- Ice Cream Cone Shaped Building, Kissimmee, Florida
Latest Visitor Tips