Tucker, Georgia: Best Buy GraveyardFamily burial ground of the Hendersons, afloat in a sea of retail Surrounded by a wrought iron fence, there's a single large stone marker.
- 4145 Lavista Rd, Tucker, GA
- I-285 Exit 37 west on Lavista Rd. on left before Parklake Dr. near the Best Buy.
Visitor Tips and News About Best Buy Graveyard
The cemetery is best accessed not from the Best Buy parking lot, but from the lot of the little strip mall just in front of it. Park there, hop the little wall and walk up an inexplicable wide concrete ramp for a perfect view. From all other directions, the area is walled off.[Kitsa, 12/30/2012]
Another cemetery "saved" from developers (something about Atlanta...? This is the 3rd one I've seen!). This one is near the Northlake Mall. I can't believe I've lived in this area for years and somehow missed it -- even walked right by it! Anyway, Saturday evening I took some quick photos.
I love how the ornate gate is completely blocked by a gigantic billboard leg. Also, the graves seem to be encased in concrete. Protection from the coming zombie apocalypse, my friend supposed?[Bam-Bam, 06/29/2011]
It's the burial grounds for the Henderson Family. The individual markers are gone, and the original family plots might have fallen victim to overly hasty parking lot paving.
Nearby Offbeat Places
- White House Replica, Atlanta, GA - 2 mi.
- Tupac Shakur Statue, Stone Mountain, GA - 4 mi.
- 57th Fighter Group Restaurant, Atlanta, GA - 4 mi.
- Georgia Capitol - Dioramas, 2-Headed Calf, Lady Liberty, Atlanta, GA - 10 mi.