Covington, Virginia: King Kong and the Giant Buffalo
Private yard display of a buffalo statue and a King Kong who's broken free of his duct tape shackles.
King Kong and the Giant Buffalo
Visitor Tips and News About King Kong and the Giant Buffalo
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
A fiberglass statue of King Kong stands beside a fiberglass statue of a large buffalo.
This oddity, located at the junction of Pocohontas Ave. and Hillcrest Rd. in Covington, VA is well known to the people who live in this area. King Kong took up residence in the mid-1980s, and his buffalo companion took up residence a few years later.
Please note that these figures are located on PRIVATE PROPERTY but they are easily viewable from the public road. Please be considerate and view these from the street and do not trespass or harass the property owner.
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
May 22, 2013
Create and Save Your Own Crazy Road Trip!
Try My Sights
Virginia Latest Tips and Stories
- Moo Thru Real Ice Cream, Remington, Virginia
- Light of Truth Universal Shrine - LOTUS, Buckingham, Virginia
- Large Metal Water Pitcher, Lynchburg, Virginia
- Skeeter's World Famous Hot Dogs, Wytheville, Virginia
- T-Rex - Gone, Waynesboro, Virginia
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Mountain Meadows Massacre Mass Grave, Central, Utah
- Replica of Thomas Jefferson's Monticello, Monticello, Indiana
- The Miner's Circle - Mine Explosion Graves, Lake City, Tennessee
- Buffalo Trails Museum, Epping, North Dakota
- Ice Cream Cone Shaped Building, Kissimmee, Florida
Latest Visitor Tips