Miami, Florida: Coppertone Girl Sign
Since 1959, Miami has featured a 3-story tall sign of the iconic Coppertone Girl with her swim suit being tugged down by a dog. Lit at night.
Visitor Tips and News About Coppertone Girl Sign
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
This 3-story high sign of the Coppertone Girl is a Miami icon since 1959. It overlooked the New Year's Eve Orange Bowl Parade in downtown Miami until 1991. It was remodeled and repaired in the late '90s and has been moved a few times. It currently resides at 7300 Biscayne Blvd.
The sign is 33 feet (10 m) high by 29 feet (8.8 m) wide, the little girl stands 27 feet 1 inch (8.26 m) high and with her dog is 27 feet 10 inches (8.48 m) wide. Her head rises 4 feet (1.2 m) above the roof line of the building.
[John L, 11/13/2011]
May 4, 2016
Create and Save Your Own Crazy Road Trip!
Try My Sights
Florida Latest Tips and Stories
- Big Orange, Flamingo Groves Gift Shop, Dania Beach, Florida
- Silver Springs, Silver Springs, Florida
- Gulf Specimen - Touch All Invertebrates, Panacea, Florida
- Giant Diving Lady, Daytona Beach, Florida
- Old South Bar-B-Q Ranch, Clewiston, Florida
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Feature: Chained Rock, Pineville, Kentucky
- Chandelier Tree, Leggett, California
- Public Art Bus Station, Ventura, California
- Starlight Movie-Themed Motel, Colchester, Vermont
- Drive-In Movie and Motel, Fairlee, Vermont