Lynn Haven, Florida: Southernmost Tribute to a Union Soldier
The only statue of a Union soldier built to honor Union soldiers south of the Mason-Dixon line (he faces north). Lynn Haven was founded as a retirement community for old Union soldiers, who gave money from their pensions to erect the statue in 1920.
- W. 8th St., Lynn Haven, FL
- From Hwy 77/Ohio Ave. turn west onto W. 8th St. and drive three blocks. On the southeast corner of W. 8th St. and Georgia Ave.
Tribute To A Union Soldier
Visitor Tips and News About Southernmost Tribute to a Union Soldier
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Thought to be one of the most southern memorials to a Union soldier, this memorial has been repurposed to honor all soldiers. This monument is located at the corner of West 8th and Georgia Avenue in Lynn Haven, FL.
[Ken Shaw, 07/22/2011]
Nearby Offbeat Places
- Big Gus, 20,000 lb. Steer, Panama City Beach, FL - 10 mi.
- Giant Shark, Panama City Beach, FL - 10 mi.
- Big Willy's Killer Whale, Panama City Beach, FL - 10 mi.
- In the region: 15-ft. Tall Coca-Cola Bottle, Fort Walton Beach, FL - 58 mi.
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
May 23, 2013
Florida Latest Tips and Stories
- Ice Cream Cone Shaped Building, Kissimmee, Florida
- Grave in the Road, New Smyrna Beach, Florida
- Largest Imported Cheese - Mazzaro, St. Petersburg, Florida
- Gatorade Historical Marker, Gainesville, Florida
- Corn Snake Lookout, Gainesville, Florida
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Mountain Meadows Massacre Mass Grave, Central, Utah
- Replica of Thomas Jefferson's Monticello, Monticello, Indiana
- The Miner's Circle - Mine Explosion Graves, Lake City, Tennessee
- Buffalo Trails Museum, Epping, North Dakota
- Gnarled Hand Rising from the Earth, Saskatoon, Saskatchewan
Latest Visitor Tips