Lone Pine, California: Movie Road
Dirt road runs in the scenic and strange Alabama Hills, where 300+ movies have been filmed, since the silent era, through countless westerns and sci-fi films such as "Star Trek V" and "Tremors."
- Movie Road, Lone Pine, CA
- In Lone Pine, from Hwy 395, drive west up Whitney Portal Road 2.7 miles and look for Movie Road on right. The intersection has a large parking area marked by white rock and a plaque.
- RA Rates:
- Worth a Detour
Visitor Tips and News About Movie Road
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Movie Road and Alabama Hills
A little dirt road on the outskirts of Lone Pine, California has seen more stars in its day than most astronomers! Movie Road runs through the Alabama Hills where more than 300 movies have been filmed. Movie Road has seen its share of amazing film production from the earliest films like Fatty Arbuckles' 1920's silent, "The Round-Up" to "Gunga Din," "Rawhide," "How the West Was Won" and "The Gladiator." For fanboys, Movie Road has also seen its share of modern sci-fi films like "Star Trek V," "Star Trek VII," and "Tremors."
[Jaleen & Joel Rayburn, 08/13/2011]
August 26, 2016
California Latest Tips and Stories
- Muffler Man: Cowboy Willy, Willits, California
- S.S. Minnow, Tehachapi, California
- Teddy Bear Made of Boulders, La Jolla, California
- Bravo Land, Kettleman City, California
- Longest Covered Bridge West of the Mississippi, Knights Ferry, California
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Depot Museum - Electrocuted Eagle, Stevenson, Alabama
- Big Lumberjack, North Las Vegas, Nevada
- Municipal Giant Slide - Sliding Board, Rocky Ridge, Maryland
- Royal Swans of Swanton, Swanton, Vermont
- Benson Ford Shiphouse, Put-in-Bay, Ohio