Lone Pine, California: Movie Road
Dirt road runs in the scenic and strange Alabama Hills, where 300+ movies have been filmed, since the silent era, through countless westerns and sci-fi films such as "Star Trek V" and "Tremors."
- Movie Road, Lone Pine, CA
- In Lone Pine, from Hwy 395, drive west up Whitney Portal Road 2.7 miles and look for Movie Road on right. The intersection has a large parking area marked by white rock and a plaque.
- RA Rates:
- Worth a Detour
Visitor Tips and News About Movie Road
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Movie Road and Alabama Hills
A little dirt road on the outskirts of Lone Pine, California has seen more stars in its day than most astronomers! Movie Road runs through the Alabama Hills where more than 300 movies have been filmed. Movie Road has seen its share of amazing film production from the earliest films like Fatty Arbuckles' 1920's silent, "The Round-Up" to "Gunga Din," "Rawhide," "How the West Was Won" and "The Gladiator." For fanboys, Movie Road has also seen its share of modern sci-fi films like "Star Trek V," "Star Trek VII," and "Tremors."
[Jaleen & Joel Rayburn, 08/13/2011]
May 23, 2015
California Latest Tips and Stories
- Wurlitzer Dancing Maiden Fountain, Burlingame, California
- Mother Earth, Fairfield, California
- Giant Olmec Head, Covina, California
- Trees Of Mystery, Klamath, California
- Mayan-Themed Electronics Store, San Jose, California
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Fire Dancers of Polynesia, Fort Lauderdale, Florida
- Traffic Circle Dinosaur, Fruita, Colorado
- Mike the Headless Chicken, Fruita, Colorado
- License Plate Trout, Palisade, Colorado
- Largest Plunger and Toilet, New Bern, North Carolina