Lone Pine, California: Movie Road
Dirt road runs in the scenic and strange Alabama Hills, where 300+ movies have been filmed, since the silent era, through countless westerns and sci-fi films such as "Star Trek V" and "Tremors."
- Movie Road, Lone Pine, CA
- In Lone Pine, from Hwy 395, drive west up Whitney Portal Road 2.7 miles and look for Movie Road on right. The intersection has a large parking area marked by white rock and a plaque.
- RA Rates:
- Worth a Detour
Movie Road and Alabama Hills
Visitor Tips and News About Movie Road
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
A little dirt road on the outskirts of Lone Pine, California has seen more stars in its day than most astronomers! Movie Road runs through the Alabama Hills where more than 300 movies have been filmed. Movie Road has seen its share of amazing film production from the earliest films like Fatty Arbuckles' 1920's silent, "The Round-Up" to "Gunga Din," "Rawhide," "How the West Was Won" and "The Gladiator." For fanboys, Movie Road has also seen its share of modern sci-fi films like "Star Trek V," "Star Trek VII," and "Tremors."
[Jaleen & Joel Rayburn, 08/13/2011]
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
February 28, 2015
California Latest Tips and Stories
- Feature: The Great Mouse Invasion - West Kern Oil Museum, Taft, California
- Tommy's Joynt, San Francisco, California
- Ghost Town and Freak Lamb, Bishop, California
- Rattlesnake Sculpture, Jacumba, California
- Boulevard of Historic Surfboard Silhouettes, Imperial Beach, California
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- World's Largest Bowling Pin, Tampa, Florida
- USS Alabama, Mobile, Alabama
- Convict Cowboy!, McAlester, Oklahoma
- Longhorn Barrel Head, Okemah, Oklahoma
- The Surviving Mother: A Sad Mom-ument, Las Vegas, Nevada
Latest Visitor Tips