Enid, Oklahoma: Midgley Museum - Glowing Rocks
Built around the rock and mineral collection of Dan Midgley and his wife, the structure is composed of 30 different rock types. Includes a room black light minerals, and a room of mounted wildlife trophies.
- 1001 Sequoyah Dr., Enid, OK
- Museum faces the park at SW intersection of US Hwy 81/ Van Buren St. and US Hwy 412.
- Tu-F 1-4 pm, Sa-Su 2-4 pm. Closed Nov. - Mar. (Call to verify)
Midgley Museum - Glowing Rocks, Animal Trophies
Visitor Tips and News About Midgley Museum - Glowing Rocks
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
The Midgley Museum exterior walls and the interior fireplaces are made of rocks, fossils, and petrified wood. The museum also contains two unusual rooms. One is a trophy room that includes buffalo, a Royal Canadian elk, moose, javelinas and other trophies. This room was constructed with reinforced walls designed to accommodate the additional weight of the displays. The second room is a a closet filled with fluorescent rocks that only reveal their brilliance and beauty in black light.
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
April 17, 2014
Oklahoma Latest Tips and Stories
- Sequoia Tree Display, Boise City, Oklahoma
- Bowling Ball Yard Art, Nowata, Oklahoma
- Cloverleaf: Quirky Store, Ardmore, Oklahoma
- Big Toothbrush and Toothpaste, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
- Sit with Will Rogers on a Bench, Claremore, Oklahoma
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Champions For Humanity: Mount Rushmore of California, Oakland, California
- Statue of Pegasus, Jacksonville Beach, Florida
- Large Floating Rubber Duck, Jacksonville, Florida
- Swamis - Self Realization Fellowship, Encinitas, California
- Kermit the Frog and Jim Henson Statue, College Park, Maryland
Latest Visitor Tips