Fosston, Minnesota: Cordwood Pete and Tamarack
Paul Bunyan's younger brother and companion donkey, carved and painted as not-so-tall tale town residents.
- N. Johnson Ave., Fosston, MN
- In a small park lot on North Johnson Ave (Cty Highway 6), just north of the intersection of US Hwy 2 and County Highway 6, downtown Fosston.
Cordwood Pete and Tamarack
Visitor Tips and News About Cordwood Pete and Tamarack
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Cordwood Pete Pete is known in local folklore as Paul Bunyan's younger brother, who existed during the logging days and, despite being only 4'9", could do the work of two men. Here in Fosston is a woodcarved statue of Pete and his sidekick donkey Tamarack.
[BS Meyer, 08/20/2011]
Nearby Offbeat Places
- Wayside Chapel - Tiny Church, Fosston, MN - < 1 mi.
- World's Largest Northern (a fish), Erskine, MN - 14 mi.
- Old Three Legs, Stuffed Killer Wolf, Detroit Lakes, MN - 53 mi.
- Nanobojo, Bunyan's Muffler Man Foe, Bemidji, MN - 41 mi.
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
June 19, 2013
Minnesota Latest Tips and Stories
- House of Balls, Minneapolis, Minnesota
- Niagara Cave, Harmony, Minnesota
- Buffalo House Bar & Grill, Duluth, Minnesota
- Moose Statue, Moose Lake, Minnesota
- Woodcarved Catfish, Floodwood, Minnesota
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Kodiak the Bear, Government Camp, Oregon
- Polk-a-Dot Drive In, Braidwood, Illinois
- Braidwood Zoo Animal Sculptures, Braidwood, Illinois
- Red Oak II - Must see!, Carthage, Missouri
- Wild Stallion Sculptures, Vantage, Washington
Latest Visitor Tips