McClellan, California: Aerospace Museum of California
USAF and Navy fighters, trainers from 1940-2000. Norden bombsight. "The finest collection of aircraft and aviation memorabilia in the west"
- 3200 Freedom Park Dr., McClellan, CA
- NE of Sacramento, I-80 exit 93 north onto Watt Ave. to left on Freedom Park Dr.
- Tu-Sa 9 am - 5 pm, Su 10 am - 5 pm. (Call to verify)
One of the World's Rarest Biplanes
Visitor Tips and News About Aerospace Museum of California
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
One of only two built, this Curtiss-Wright B-14-B Speedwing biplane is the lone survivor, her sister destroyed in a crash. Meticulously restored between 2000 and 2007, she is on display at the Aerospace Museum of California. Built in the 1930s, the Curtiss-Wright B-14-B was the ultimate in aerial high-performance. With a 300 horsepower, nine-cylinder radial engine, this sportsman's plaything was faster than most military fighters of the day.
[Eric B. Ramey, 03/27/2012]
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
April 24, 2014
California Latest Tips and Stories
- Tallest Roadside Tombstone in the U.S., Merced, California
- Pink Skull Rabbit, San Francisco, California
- Music Legends in Bronze, Bakersfield, California
- Blackbird Park - Spy Plane Hometown, Palmdale, California
- Abner Weed Statue, Weed, California
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Feature: 1964-65 New York World's Fair Attractions, Queens, New York
- Rock Animal Zoo, Scottsboro, Alabama
- Surfer Statue, Jacksonville, Florida
- White Buddha Statue, Princeton, New Jersey
- Muffler Man - Bunyan Mutant, Albuquerque, New Mexico
Latest Visitor Tips