Conway, Arkansas: David's Burger Mascot ChickenA fiberglass statue of a chicken hawks the beefy delights of a fast food restaurant.
- 1100 Skyline Dr., Conway, AR
- I-40 exit 125 to US Hwy 65/Skyline Dr., head west, chicken is on the right.
- M - Th 10:45 am -9 pm / Fri - Sa 10:45 am - 9:30 pm (Call to verify)
Visitor Tips and News About David's Burger Mascot Chicken
We were headed out on a road trip to view another Roadside America attraction when we spied this really cool restaurant mascot. Cow masquerading as chicken, or a chicken masquerading as cow?
David's is a relatively new restaurant in Conway, and the chicken/cow mascot just recently appeared. I spoke with the business and learned that the quirky mascot is 40 years old, having spent his younger years as Freddy Fryer in the promotion of the family's chicken business. After 25 years in retirement, Freddy reemerged - and is now employed in the promotion of beef. Which means Freddy Fryer needs a new moniker. David's is now taking suggestions for a name to bestow on the "EAT MORE BEEF" chicken.
The Butcher Boy Burgers really are excellent.[Gary Epperson, 09/05/2011]
Nearby Offbeat Places
- Pickles Gap Village, Conway, AR - 2 mi.
- Finton Shaw's Metal Sculpture Garden, Conway, AR - 4 mi.
- Toad Suck, Conway, AR - 7 mi.
- In the region: Biggest Monument to the Boy Martyr of the Confederacy, Little Rock, AR - 27 mi.