Waynesville, Missouri: Frog Rock
A big rock. A little imagination. Paint. Frog Rock.
Results 1 to 2 of 2...
Visitor Tips and News About Frog Rock
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
My husband is in the Army and we were stationed at Fort Leonard Wood for nearly 8 years. We passed by the Rock Frog numerous times. On one of these times we took a picture of it. I can't remember the year, but at one point, someone painted the frog in Rolla, MO Bulldogs colors. The frog was promptly painted back to its original colors shortly thereafter.
[Pamela Tetreault, 02/16/2009]
A large outcropping of rock alongside Old Route 66 between Waynesville and Saint Robert has been painted to look like a frog. There were "Frog Crossing" signs (until they were stolen), and the frog sports a Santa hat around Christmastime.
[Tanker Toad, 12/09/2000]
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
July 31, 2014
Create and Save Your Own Crazy Road Trip!
Try My Sights
Missouri Latest Tips and Stories
- Mile Long Graffiti Wall, St. Louis, Missouri
- Big Steer, Lamar, Missouri
- Stand Where a Man was Killed by Wild Bill Hickok, Springfield, Missouri
- Oldest Continually Operating Ferry on the Mississippi, Canton, Missouri
- The Y Bridge, Galena, Missouri
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Comic Rockstars Toilet Seat Museum, San Francisco, California
- Backyard Golden Gate Bridge Replica, Mulvane, Kansas
- Future Birthplace of James T. Kirk, Riverside, Iowa
- Feature: Mardi Gras World, New Orleans, Louisiana
- Al's Oasis - Big Buffalo, Oacoma, South Dakota
Latest Visitor Tips