Honolulu, Oahu, Hawaii: Fake Train Engine
A rough approximation of a steam train engine serves as a play area and observation platform at a public park.
Sand Island State Recreation Area
- Sand Island Access Rd, Honolulu, Oahu, HI
- Sand Island State Recreation Area. Sand Island Access Road, off Nimitz Highway (Highway 92), Sand Island, on the left, park at first parking lot after curve right.
- Daily, daylight hours
Fake Train Engine
Visitor Tips and News About Fake Train Engine
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Sand Island State Recreation Area there is a fake train engine that has stairs going up from the front and I guess it is just an area to view the area, and a play area.
[David Kamada, 09/10/2011]
Nearby Offbeat Places
- King Kamehameha I Statue #2, Honolulu, Oahu, HI - < 1 mi.
- Elvis Aloha Statue, Honolulu, Oahu, HI - 1 mi.
- Berlin Wall Slab and Mini Twin Towers, Honolulu, Oahu, HI - 1 mi.
- Grave of the Father of Baseball, Honolulu, Oahu, HI - 2 mi.
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
May 18, 2013
Hawaii Latest Tips and Stories
- Hawaiians Kill Captain Cook, Captain Cook, Big Island, Hawaii
- Cigar Store Alien, Hawi, Big Island, Hawaii
- Whalers Village Sperm Whale Skeleton, Lahaina, Maui, Hawaii
- Whale-Shaped Pool, Lahaina, Maui, Hawaii
- Hand Carved Statues, Old Hawaiian Village, Lahaina, Maui, Hawaii
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Speed Cow, Sonoma, California
- Sit In A Spaceship, Wallace, Idaho
- Center Of The Universe, Albuquerque, New Mexico
- Russell's Travel Center, Glenrio, New Mexico
- Totem Pole Trading Post, Rolla, Missouri
Latest Visitor Tips