Norwalk, Ohio: Saint's Prayer Cabin and Rosary Walk
First American male saint, John Neumann, performed Mass in this frontier log cabin, restored and maintained on the grounds of St. Alphonsus Church, along with a prayer garden and rosary walk.
- 1360 County Rd 129, Norwalk, OH
- St. Alphonsus Church, Settlement Road, just west of State Route 61, three miles southwest of Norwalk.
- Always open.
Saint's Prayer Cabin and Rosary Walk
Visitor Tips and News About Saint's Prayer Cabin and Rosary Walk
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
This is the restored log cabin where St. John Neumann, the first American male saint, said Mass as an itinerant priest on the frontier outside Norwalk, Ohio. The prayer cabin is full of historic and religious relics and is open for private retreats. Adjacent to the cabin is a rosary walk with a rosary made of large stones connected by chains and ending at a wooden cross. There is a prayer garden featuring a bronze statue of St. John Neumann as an itinerant priest.
Also adjacent is a wagon shed featuring a wooden wagon manufactured by local resident Lawrence Fisher, the predecessor of General Motors Body by Fisher.
[Larry Lepard, 09/15/2011]
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
December 18, 2014
Create and Save Your Own Crazy Road Trip!
Try My Sights
Ohio Latest Tips and Stories
- Full Size and Mini Oil Derricks, Bremen, Ohio
- Metrobot, Cincinnati, Ohio
- Crazy Faces in Doorways, Columbus, Ohio
- Jeff the Giant Sloth, Carnivorous Fish, Columbus, Ohio
- Biggest Year-Round Christmas Museum in the U.S., Medina, Ohio
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Feature: Bailey Art Museum - Robots of Clayton Bailey, Crockett, California
- Big Moose Country Store, Hoosick, New York
- Confederate Nuclear Missile, Cordele, Georgia
- Grave of Rocky's Adrian, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- World's Largest Functioning Fire Hydrant, Las Vegas, Nevada
Latest Visitor Tips