Winganon, Oklahoma: Cement Mixer Space Capsule
A cement mixer from a 1959 wreck lies along the road, abandoned because it was too heavy to move. It was supposed to be buried in place, but a local politician saved it because he'd proposed to his wife there. In 2008 Barry and Heather Thomas turned it into a NASA space capsule.
Visitor Tips and News About Cement Mixer Space Capsule
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Cement Mixer Space Capsule
Around 1959, a cement mixer wrecked on its way to build the bridge over Oologah lake. The truck was hauled off, but the mixer was left. It's been painted many times but now looks like a crashed nose cone from NASA.
[Heather Thomas, 09/27/2011]
October 25, 2016
Create and Save Your Own Crazy Road Trip!
Try My Sights
Oklahoma Latest Tips and Stories
- Magnetic Hill, Springer, Oklahoma
- Feature: Bubble Top Cars of the Future, Afton, Oklahoma
- Feature: Miss America University, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
- Cloverleaf: Quirky Store, Ardmore, Oklahoma
- Feature: Twister (The Movie) Museum, Wakita, Oklahoma
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Feature: The Garden of Eden, Lucas, Kansas
- Muffler Man - Happy Halfwit, Winslow, New Jersey
- Don Q Inn, Dodgeville, Wisconsin
- Emperor Norton Grave, Colma, California
- Grave of Bob Ford, He Shot Jesse James, Richmond, Missouri