Winganon, Oklahoma: Cement Mixer Space Capsule
A cement mixer from a 1959 wreck lies along the road, abandoned because it was too heavy to move. It was supposed to be buried in place, but a local politician saved it because he'd proposed to his wife there. In 2008 Barry and Heather Thomas turned it into a NASA space capsule.
Visitor Tips and News About Cement Mixer Space Capsule
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Cement Mixer Space Capsule
Around 1959, a cement mixer wrecked on its way to build the bridge over Oologah lake. The truck was hauled off, but the mixer was left. It's been painted many times but now looks like a crashed nose cone from NASA.
[Heather Thomas, 09/27/2011]
February 22, 2017
Oklahoma Latest Tips and Stories
- Feature: J.M. Davis Arms and Historical Museum, Claremore, Oklahoma
- World's Largest Peanut, Durant, Oklahoma
- Muffler Man, Copeland, Oklahoma
- Fried Pie Dinosaur, Davis, Oklahoma
- world's largest peanut, Durant, Oklahoma
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Magic Garden, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Giant Cocktail Imperial Liquor Store, Lexington, Kentucky
- Feature: Sit with Roger Ebert, Champaign, Illinois
- Hawaii's Plantation Village, Waipahu, Hawaii
- House with Skeletons on the Roof, San Diego, California