Winganon, Oklahoma: Cement Mixer Space Capsule
A cement mixer from a 1959 wreck lies along the road, and is periodically transformed by prankster artists. Currently it resembles a crashed NASA spaceship or capsule.
Visitor Tips and News About Cement Mixer Space Capsule
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Cement Mixer Space Capsule
Around 1959, a cement mixer wrecked on its way to build the bridge over Oologah lake. The truck was hauled off, but the mixer was left. It's been painted many times but now looks like a crashed nose cone from NASA.
[Heather Thomas, 09/27/2011]
May 24, 2015
Create and Save Your Own Crazy Road Trip!
Try My Sights
Oklahoma Latest Tips and Stories
- Route 66 Interpretive Plaza, Tulsa, Oklahoma
- Sonic Center of the Universe, Tulsa, Oklahoma
- Folk Art Protest Signs, Perry, Oklahoma
- Big Penguin, Afton, Oklahoma
- World's Largest Peanut, Durant, Oklahoma
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Caboose Memorial to "Ribs" Peel, Roberta, Georgia
- Anderson Warehouse Graffiti, Ephraim, Wisconsin
- World Globe Storage Tank, Savannah, Georgia
- Mr. Smedley, Richmond, Virginia
- Blue Dolphin Diner, Apalachin, New York