Winganon, Oklahoma: Cement Mixer Space Capsule
A cement mixer from a 1959 wreck lies along the road, abandoned because it was too heavy to move. It was supposed to be buried in place, but a local politician saved it because he'd proposed to his wife there. In 2008 Barry and Heather Thomas turned it into a NASA space capsule.
Visitor Tips and News About Cement Mixer Space Capsule
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Cement Mixer Space Capsule
Around 1959, a cement mixer wrecked on its way to build the bridge over Oologah lake. The truck was hauled off, but the mixer was left. It's been painted many times but now looks like a crashed nose cone from NASA.
[Heather Thomas, 09/27/2011]
January 21, 2017
Create and Save Your Own Crazy Road Trip!
Try My Sights
Oklahoma Latest Tips and Stories
- world's largest peanut, Durant, Oklahoma
- Oklahoma Music Mural, Duncan, Oklahoma
- Flying Dragon on a Pole, Caddo, Oklahoma
- Bank in a Caboose, Poteau, Oklahoma
- Feature: Museum of Osteology, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Feature: Civil War Tails: Miniature Catfight, Gettysburg, Pennsylvania
- Castle Blood, Beallsville, Pennsylvania
- Unsettling Hand Sculptures, Berea, Kentucky
- Legoland, Carlsbad, California
- Tow Mater Truck, Cleveland, Tennessee