Waxahachie, Texas: Toothpick King SculpturesVenzil Zatoupil built elaborate sculptures using thousands and thousands of toothpicks. His creations are displayed in the windows of a local gallery, visible 24-7.
Webb Art Gallery
- 209 W. Franklin St., Waxahachie, TX
- In the front window of the Webb Art Gallery. Downtown, one block south of US 287/Main St. and one block east of US 77/Elm St. One block southwest of the Courthouse.
Visitor Tips and News About Toothpick King Sculptures
While driving through Waxahachie, we decided to stop by and look at the display in the Webb Art Gallery. We had no problem finding the building, but to our disappointment it was closed. However, we were able to look in the window and see some of the different items on display.[Heather Casey, 08/27/2008]
Venzil Zatoupil created a menagerie of mechanical sculptures using hundreds of thousands of toothpicks, many bottles of glue, and thousands of hours of love and labor. Just one piece, the Ferris Wheel, has these statistics: 8,650 flat toothpicks, 1,000 square toothpicks, 250 round toothpicks, & 140 chopsticks.
Venzil passed a couple of years ago, but his pieces live on in the window of Webb Gallery in downtown Waxahachie. The Webbs admired Venzil and feel lucky to house this wonderful collection. The pieces are lit in the window 24 hours a day, every day of the year.[Julie Webb, 12/09/2000]
Nearby Offbeat Places
- Unrequited Love Carvings, Waxahachie, TX - < 1 mi.
- Big Bopper's Casket on Display, Waxahachie, TX - < 1 mi.
- Muffler Man - Indian Chief, Waxahachie, TX - 2 mi.
- In the region: Grave of Abraham Zapruder: He Filmed JFK's Assassination, Dallas, TX - 29 mi.