Nelson, Wisconsin: Yard Art of Richard HansonDisplay of homemade cement figures -- Indians, settlers, animals. Snoopy lies on top of a dog house.
- S1059 Mill Rd, Nelson, WI
- North of Nelson, west side of Mill Rd, just south of T with Dry Coulee Rd.
- Private property - visible from street.
Visitor Tips and News About Yard Art of Richard Hanson
Couldn't get too close to the statues from the road, but they looked pretty nice from what we could see. We were in a hurry so we didn't have a chance to seek out the owner for permission to see the sculptures up close. It would definitely be worth a stop if one could get up close.[Geoffrie Kramer, 07/07/2012]
Richard Hanson created a variety of cement statues in his yard, from Snoopy and Bugs Bunny, to dancing bears, to groupings of Indian and pioneer figures. He made the first one in 1956.
Nearby Offbeat Places
- Castlerock Arms and Armor Museum, Alma, WI - 10 mi.
- Viking Statue, Buffalo City, WI - 16 mi.
- Prairie Moon, Cochrane, WI - 20 mi.
- In the region: Slim's Woodshed: America's Largest Woodcarving Museum, Harmony, MN - 61 mi.