Poynette, Wisconsin: Small Freak Animals Exhibit
Unadvertised, behind-glass exhibit of animal anomalies -- 2-headed pig, albinos -- at the MacKenzie Environmental Education Center, which devotes most of its energy to normal outdoor nature. Still there if they haven't gone all PC on us.
MacKenzie Environmental Education Center
- W7303 County Hwy CS, Poynette, WI
- I-90/94: Exit 115 for Poynette/County Road CS east through Poynette. Entrance right 2 miles after crossing business Hwy 51.
- Museum: May-Oct Daily 8 am - 4 pm; Nov-Apr M-F 8 am - 4 pm. (Call to verify)
- Free, donations.
Freak Animals Exhibit
Visitor Tips and News About Small Freak Animals Exhibit
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
This was fifteen minutes from the highway, so thirty minutes out of the way. Not worth it as an oddities attraction, since it was literally 3 jars of animals, but a really nice nature center for picnics or hikes. Just don't go there solely to see the oddities or you'll be very disappointed.
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
July 24, 2014
Wisconsin Latest Tips and Stories
- Matt Kenseth Life-Size Wax Figure, Cambridge, Wisconsin
- Humpty Dumpty, Arkdale, Wisconsin
- High School Rocket, Neenah, Wisconsin
- Shoe Store King Kong, Black Earth, Wisconsin
- Home of the Hodag - Chamber of Commerce Statue, Rhinelander, Wisconsin
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Ivenergy Wind Farm Turbine Blade, Judith Gap, Montana
- Ryegate Testicle Festival, Ryegate, Montana
- Liquor Store Indian, Mandan, North Dakota
- Muensterberg Plaza and Clock Tower, Berne, Indiana
- Twist O' The Mist, Niagara Falls, New York
Latest Visitor Tips