Hico, Texas: Giant Metal Spurs
3 giant metal spurs advertise a welding and metalworking shop. One stands at least 20 ft. tall.
- US Hwy 281, Hico, TX
- Northwest edge of town, east side of US Hwy 281 and Elizabeth St.
Giant Metal Spurs
Visitor Tips and News About Giant Metal Spurs
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
There are three giant metal spurs out in front of a welding and metalworking shop on the edge of Hico. The tallest spur is at least 20 feet tall, so you can't miss it! They're just off the side of the road on 281, on the north end of town (on the right if you're driving north).
[Chessie Monks, 10/13/2011]
Nearby Offbeat Places
- Statue of Billy the Kid, Maybe, Hico, TX - < 1 mi.
- Grave of Brushy Bill Roberts, or maybe Billy The Kid, Hamilton, TX - 19 mi.
- Moo-La the Cow, Stephenville, TX - 19 mi.
- In the region: First Hilton Hotel, Cisco, TX - 62 mi.
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
September 16, 2014
Create and Save Your Own Crazy Road Trip!
Try My Sights
Texas Latest Tips and Stories
- Alien Abduction Statue, The Woodlands, Texas
- The Loch Tex Monster, The Woodlands, Texas
- Last Vehicle Out of Iraq, Fort Hood, Texas
- Statue of Billy the Kid, Hico, Texas
- Frank's Hog Stand, Inside a Pig, San Antonio, Texas
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Feature: The Windsor Ruins, Port Gibson, Mississippi
- The Most Absurd Bar in the World: A Sculpture, Dennysville, Maine
- Eerie Abraham Lincoln Hologram, Indianapolis, Indiana
- Camera Heritage Museum, Staunton, Virginia
- Crime and Punishment Museum, Ashburn, Georgia
Latest Visitor Tips