Hico, Texas: Giant Metal Spur
A giant metal spur advertises a welding and metalworking shop. Stands at least 20 ft. tall. There used to be two other spurs.
- US Hwy 281, Hico, TX
- Northwest edge of town, east side of US Hwy 281 and Elizabeth St.
Results 1 to 2 of 2...
Visitor Tips and News About Giant Metal Spur
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Giant metal spur
There is only one giant metal spur left. Still worth the stop. Easy access and parking. [Chrissy, 07/26/2016]
Giant Metal Spurs
There are three giant metal spurs out in front of a welding and metalworking shop on the edge of Hico. The tallest spur is at least 20 feet tall, so you can't miss it! They're just off the side of the road on 281, on the north end of town (on the right if you're driving north).
[Chessie Monks, 10/13/2011]
September 25, 2016
Create and Save Your Own Crazy Road Trip!
Try My Sights
Texas Latest Tips and Stories
- World's Largest Fire Hydrant - Former, Beaumont, Texas
- Jesus in a Box, Abernathy, Texas
- Watermelon Thump and Water Tower, Luling, Texas
- Tomb of Christ Replica, Brownfield, Texas
- Bronze JFK Gave Last Speech Here, Fort Worth, Texas
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Pinkerton Hot Springs, Durango, Colorado
- Ghost Fleet of Navy Ships, Bremerton, Washington
- Moai Dude: Laid-Back Easter Island Head, Altoona, Iowa
- Old Mobil Gas Station, Bunker Hill, Kansas
- Montezuma Castle Indian Ruins, Camp Verde, Arizona