Golden, Colorado: Triceratops Trail
Parfet Prehistoric Preserve includes a variety of animal and plant impressions in what's left of a 68 million year old swamp. The trail is 1 1/2 miles long.
Parfet Prehistoric Preserve
- 19th Street, Golden, CO
- Parfet Prehistoric Preserve. Between the northbound side of US Hwy 6/6th Ave Freeway and the golf course. Access to the trail is on the SE corner of the 6th Ave and 19th Street intersection, go one block east.
Triceratops Trail at Parfet Prehistoric Preserve
Visitor Tips and News About Triceratops Trail
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
This is a dinosaur footprint site that's more impressive than the dinosaur ridge down the road. The variety of animal and plant impressions makes it a great attraction. The movement of the earth has shifted all the layers where the impressions were made, so they are now vertical. One collection of prints is in a clay pit and others are along a wall next to the golf course. Access to the trail is on the SE corner of the 6th Ave and 19th Street intersection. The site is wedged between the highway and the golf course.
[Johnny Chu, 10/23/2011]
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
May 24, 2013
Colorado Latest Tips and Stories
- Giant Campbell's Soup Can, Fort Collins, Colorado
- World's Largest Beetle, Colorado Springs, Colorado
- Swetsville Zoo, Fort Collins, Colorado
- The Shining Hotel - TV Miniseries, Estes Park, Colorado
- Cellular Village, Ken Caryl, Colorado
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Mountain Meadows Massacre Mass Grave, Central, Utah
- Replica of Thomas Jefferson's Monticello, Monticello, Indiana
- The Miner's Circle - Mine Explosion Graves, Lake City, Tennessee
- Buffalo Trails Museum, Epping, North Dakota
- Ice Cream Cone Shaped Building, Kissimmee, Florida
Latest Visitor Tips