Hydro, Oklahoma: Lucille's Famous Route 66 Gas Station
Built in 1927, and still famous even though Lucille (and Route 66) are long gone. It's now owned by a Route 66 fan who fixed it up (and opened Lucille's-inspired Roadhouse to the east).
- Old Route 66, Hydro, OK
- I-40 exit 88, then 1.5 miles west along the north Frontage Rd (old Route 66).
Results 1 to 3 of 3...
Lucille's Famous Route 66 Gas Station
Visitor Tips and News About Lucille's Famous Route 66 Gas Station
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Only feet off the road, a historic place to stretch the legs and think about how it was to travel in a different era...
[Will & Laura, 03/10/2010]
Old Route 66 Gas Station
Lucille's was a gas station on Route 66. The outside has been restored and a marker tells the tale of the family that lived there and ran the station for many years.
[A DeHart, 03/29/2007]
Lucille's National Historic Site on Route 66
Built in 1927, Lucille's old gas station and court attracts folks from all over the world. Lucille died on Route 66 in August, 2000 but visitors are still welcome to stop for a photo.
[Cheryl Nowka, 12/20/2000]
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
February 1, 2015
Oklahoma Latest Tips and Stories
- Lonely Gorilla in Modern-Day Ghost Town, Picher, Oklahoma
- World's Largest McDonald's, Vinita, Oklahoma
- Vince Gill Commemorative Statue, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
- Architectural DNA, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
- Blue Whale, Catoosa, Oklahoma
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- VW Hippie Bus Entrance, Robertsdale, Alabama
- Metal Plane Sculpture, Hobbs, New Mexico
- Two-Story Outhouse, Cedar Lake, Michigan
- James Dean Car Crash Site, Shandon, California
- Fast Food Race Car Museum, Muncy, Pennsylvania
Latest Visitor Tips