Vincennes, Indiana: Uncle Sam Statue and Pink Elephant
Patriotic uncle and his pachyderm sidekick, "Pinky," hang out at a car wash.
Results 1 to 2 of 2...
Uncle Sam and Pink Elephant
Visitor Tips and News About Uncle Sam Statue and Pink Elephant
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
I was back home visiting my mom in Vincennes, and both Uncle Sam and Pinky are there. And, yes, if you stand to Uncle Sam's right you will get a laugh. He used to be at the corner of 7th and College Sts, but it caused too many accidents from people staring at his "hand."
Uncle Sam Statue and Pink Elephant
In front of the local car wash on Hart St, one will find a rather large (15-20 foot tall) replica of our own Uncle Sam clutching his lapel with one hand -- his other outstretched to the passerby. When viewed from the front it looks like he is asking for a contribution. From the side, well....well it may explain why he was moved from a busy intersection in the heart of the town to a more open area. Whether by design or not, Uncle Sam definitely will make one grin when remembering those words "all men are created equal...."
[DB Channer, 12/20/2000]
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
May 23, 2013
Indiana Latest Tips and Stories
- Replica of Thomas Jefferson's Monticello, Monticello, Indiana
- Geode Grotto, Jasper, Indiana
- Big Boy Statue, Anderson, Indiana
- WWII V-1 German Buzz Bomb, Greencastle, Indiana
- America's Longest Railroad Trestle, Formerly, Solsberry, Indiana
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Mountain Meadows Massacre Mass Grave, Central, Utah
- The Miner's Circle - Mine Explosion Graves, Lake City, Tennessee
- Buffalo Trails Museum, Epping, North Dakota
- Ice Cream Cone Shaped Building, Kissimmee, Florida
- Gnarled Hand Rising from the Earth, Saskatoon, Saskatchewan
Latest Visitor Tips