Winston-Salem, North Carolina: Steakhouse Bull at Old Staley's Grill - Temporarily GoneThe original Staley's Charcoal Steakhouse operated from 1957 to 2003, and the fiberglass cow was the mascot. The current restaurant keeps the big bull in view on a trailer.
- 2000 Reynolda Rd, Winston-Salem, NC
- NW of Winston-Salem, north of Coliseum Dr. on west side of Reynolda Rd. Temporarily gone, but expected to return in April or May 2013.
Visitor Tips and News About Steakhouse Bull at Old Staley's Grill - Temporarily Gone
There's a couple of those steakhouse giant cow statues in Winston-Salem. One is on a trailer next to a place that actually used to be a vintage steakhouse. Staley's Charcoal Steak House was open from 1957 to 2003, and the cow was a regular fixture during that time. Several restaurants have been there since the closing of Staley's, but the current one, known as Old Staley's Grill & Ale, has retained the big cow. Glad to see it's still around.[Dean Jeffrey, 12/31/2011]
Built in 1957, the bull -- known locally as "Winston the Bull," or "The Staley's Bull" -- is 11 feet tall and 21 feet long. It disappeared in 1968, 1990, and 2012 when the restaurant changed owners, but it has always returned.