Brooklyn, New York: A&W Root Beer StatuesThe roof of Coney Island restaurant Paul's Daughter features two members of the A&W Root Beer family: Papa Burger and Mama Burger.
- 1001 Riegelmann Boardwalk, Brooklyn, NY
- Paul's Daughter. Coney Island Riegelmann Boardwalk at Luna Park on W 10th St.
Visitor Tips and News About A&W Root Beer Statues
Two of the A&W Root Beer Burger Family statues have been on the roof of Coney Island restaurant Paul's Daughter for decades. Papa Burger stands at one end of the building; Mama Burger at the other. When we visited at the end of the 2011 season, Papa Burger was wearing a sign that said "Looking for a new beach." That was because as part of the redevelopment (i.e., ruination) of Coney Island, Paul's Daughter had been told to take a hike. But since our visit, Paul's Daughter has since been asked to stay and owner Tina Georgoulakos has signed an eight year lease for her family's restaurant, ensuring that Mama and Papa Burger will be around for at least a little while longer.[Dean Jeffrey, 12/30/2011]
Nearby Offbeat Places
- Coney Island - Sideshows by the Seashore, Brooklyn, NY - < 1 mi.
- Topsy the Elephant, Brooklyn, NY - < 1 mi.
- Pocket Change Plaque of Mid-Air Collision Survivor, Brooklyn, NY - 7 mi.
- Elevator Historical Society Museum, Long Island City, NY - 12 mi.