Kansas City, Missouri: Buffalo Skeleton
Bronze by artist Marc Swanson of a skeleton walking the streets of Kansas City is named the "Descent of Civilization (Bison Memorial)."
- 9th St., Kansas City, MO
- In the downtown area of Kansas City on the North East corner below the sundial. 9th Street and Broadway Blvd.
Visitor Tips and News About Buffalo Skeleton
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
A life-size bronze American Buffalo skeleton now graces this busy corner in downtown Kansas City that previously was notable for a large wall mounted sundial. This recent addition titled "Descent of Civilization (Bison Memorial)" was created by artist Marc Swanson (2010) in memory of the demise of this once noble beast that ruled the Plains.
[Phil Pasquini, 01/12/2012]
Nearby Offbeat Places
- Large Needle and Button, Kansas City, MO - < 1 mi.
- Entire City Block of Giant Books, Kansas City, MO - < 1 mi.
- World's Largest Cap Gun, Kansas City, MO - < 1 mi.
- In the region: Carry Nation Museum, Hearse, Grave, Belton, MO - 20 mi.
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
May 21, 2013
Missouri Latest Tips and Stories
- Whispering Arch, St. Louis, Missouri
- Totem Pole Trading Post, Rolla, Missouri
- Concrete Pink Gorilla, Branson, Missouri
- Large Chair, Old Mines, Missouri
- Lambert's - Home of Throwed Rolls, Ozark, Missouri
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- 25-Foot-Tall Santa with Thick Head, Watson, Saskatchewan
- Big Green Dinosaur, Wharton, Texas
- Feature: National Knife Museum, Sevierville, Tennessee
- Metalmorphosis - Giant Head, Charlotte, North Carolina
- Feature: Mud Island, Memphis, Tennessee
Latest Visitor Tips