Beaumont, Texas: Edison MuseumMuseum in a 1929 utilities substation covers Thomas Alva Edison and his inventions and innovations.
- 350 Pine St., Beaumont, TX
- Pine and Mulberry St.
- M-F 9am - 5 pm (Call to verify)
Visitor Tips and News About Edison Museum
The museum is dedicated to Thomas Alva Edison and his inventions and innovations, the museum "interprets Edison through interactive exhibits while using more than 60 historic objects."[Tiffany, 02/19/2012]
There is a bust of Edison outside, and a historical marker about the Travis Street Substation, the 1929 Gulf States Utilities building where the Edison Museum resides.
Nearby Offbeat Places
- World's Largest Fire Hydrant - Former, Beaumont, TX - < 1 mi.
- Texas Energy Museum, Beaumont, TX - < 1 mi.
- Muffler Man - Happy Half Wit, Beaumont, TX - 2 mi.
- In the region: Museum of the Gulf Coast - Janis Joplin Memorabilia, Port Arthur, TX - 18 mi.