Put-In-Bay, Ohio: World's Most Massive Doric Column
352-foot-high monument resembles a doric column and commemorates Commodore Perry's War of 1812 victory at the battle of Lake Erie. Completed in 1915, closed in 2009, renovated and reopened in 2012. Observation deck at the top!
Perry's Victory and International Peace Memorial
- 93 Delaware Ave., Put-In-Bay, OH
- On South Bass Island (which is connected to the mainland), in Put-in-Bay, downtown.
- Daily May-Oct. 10-6
- Adults $3.00
- RA Rates:
- Worth a Detour
Visitor Tips and News About World's Most Massive Doric Column
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
World's Most Massive Doric Column
Perry's Victory and International Peace Memorial is in downtown Put-in-Bay. This 352 ft. monument commemorates Commodore Perry's victory at the battle of Lake Erie during the War of 1812. It is recognized as the world's most massive doric column. It has an observation deck, but it has been under renovation.
September 1, 2015
Ohio Latest Tips and Stories
- Fountain of Big Rare Books, Cincinnati, Ohio
- Lonely Putt-Putt Giraffe, Ontario, Ohio
- John Wesley Powell Memorial, Jackson, Ohio
- Drive-Thru Barn, Valley City, Ohio
- Giant Praying Mantis, Columbus, Ohio
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Rainbow Rock Shop Dinosaurs, Holbrook, Arizona
- Jell-O Museum, Le Roy, New York
- Famous Orange Dinosaur, Saugus, Massachusetts
- Largest Cactus in Massachusetts, Saugus, Massachusetts
- Miniature Washington Monument Replica, Mount Vernon, Illinois