Cascade Locks, Oregon: Sacagawea as Graphic Novel BabeLewis and Clark's Indian guide, Sacagawea is sculpted in a livelier-than-usual pose along with faithful expedition dog Seaman depicting an 1806 trading mission. Artist Heather Soderberg, 2011.
- 355 Cascade Locks Hwy, Cascade Locks, OR
- In Marine Park, overlooking the river. I-84 exit 44 onto Cascade Locks Hwy, then follow signs for Marine Park.
Visitor Tips and News About Sacagawea as Graphic Novel Babe
My brother and I sought out this sculpture as we drove down 84. She's next to the marina, pointing west down the Columbia River towards the Pacific, with her dog standing attentively beside her. It's true, it's a dramatic superhero-like pose. As she points the way ahead, she simultaneously reaches back to touch the hand of the baby on her back; maybe she has to touch hands to activate her powers, Wonder-Twins style![Christopher Hale, 07/03/2012]
Nearby Offbeat Places
- World's Largest Collection of Rosary Beads, Skamania, WA - 1 mi.
- Train Appreciation Park, Cascade Locks, OR - 2 mi.
- Evil Lab from Short Circuit: Stand on Live Generator, North Bonneville, WA - 3 mi.
- In the region: Joan of Arc, Portland, OR - 37 mi.