Dallas, Texas: Robot Playing Guitar"Traveling Man Waiting on a Train" is one of three giant robot sculptures -- with accompanying metal dollop birds -- in the Deep Ellum neighborhood of Dallas. Installed in 2009 by artists Brad Oldham, Brandon Oldenburg, and REll FX Creative Studios
- Good Latimer Expressway, Dallas, TX
- Intersection of Good Latimer and Gaston Ave. The other two are at Good Latimer and Elm and Good Latimer and Swiss Ave.
Visitor Tips and News About Robot Playing Guitar
This 9 ft. robot dubbed the "Traveling Man Waiting on a Train" is one of three giant robots in the Deep Ellum neighborhood of Dallas. This one in particular is leaning against a piece of concrete from a tunnel that was removed. There are also birds that function as seats. I didn't see the other two, but they are on the same street.[David, 03/14/2012]
Nearby Offbeat Places
- Traveling Man - 38-Foot-Tall Robot Gumby, Dallas, TX - < 1 mi.
- Eight Track Museum, Dallas, TX - < 1 mi.
- Where Jack Ruby Shot Lee Harvey Oswald, Dallas, TX - < 1 mi.
- Grave of Abraham Zapruder: He Filmed JFK's Assassination, Dallas, TX - 1 mi.