Rocky Point, New York: Marconi Radio ShackItalian inventor Guglielmo Marconi's original radio shack from 1902 was used for ship-to-shore transmission/receiving and training. It has been owned by the local school system since 1969, and sits on the entrance lawn of an elementary school.
- 90 Rocky Point-Yaphank Rd, Rocky Point, NY
- On the grounds of the Frank Carasiti Elementary School.
Visitor Tips and News About Marconi Radio Shack
Built in 1902, the Marconi Radio Shack was one of the first transmitting stations used by Italian inventor Guglielmo Marconi. The small shack was moved from Babylon NY to Rocky Point, NY.[Glenn H, 03/18/2012]