Las Cruces, New Mexico: Big Daddy - Armless Muffler Man
This physically challenged fiberglass statue somehow holds a sign for his flea market, an inspiring triumph of will and wire.
Big Daddy's Flea Market
- 7320 N. Main, Las Cruces, NM
- Big Daddy's Flea Market. East of the city, on the south side of I-70. Exit at Mesa Grande Drive, then drive east along the south frontage road.
- RA Rates:
- Worth a Detour
Results 1 to 3 of 3...
Visitor Tips and News About Big Daddy - Armless Muffler Man
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
I visited the Big Daddy on Nov. 14, 2008. His condition and situation seemed to have changed little since the earlier tips!
Big Daddy Muffler Man - update
Here is a photo I took today of Big Daddy, the Las Cruces Muffler Man. There is a now a Giant Bull in the same parking lot with Big Daddy. That's what the locals call him. Still missing his arms! There is a shop across the street called Atomic Auto Wrecking. The highway where they stand is on the way to Alamogordo, NM, aka Atomic City.
[Heidi Crabtree, 02/11/2001]
Big Daddy Muffler Man
A rather helpful employee at the food mart said they moved him in along with the flea market about ten years ago. As for his name? "The place is called Big Daddy's Flea Market . . . so I guess that's Big Daddy." Only thing is - he has NO ARMS. They bolted the establishment's expansive sign to his chest and I guess they just got in the way. Here's a photo.
[Wesley Treat, 05/28/1998]
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
December 21, 2014
New Mexico Latest Tips and Stories
- Route 66 Musical Road, Tijeras, New Mexico
- Recycled Roadrunner, Las Cruces, New Mexico
- Alien "Welcome to Roswell" Scene in the Desert, Roswell, New Mexico
- World's Largest Chili Pepper, Las Cruces, New Mexico
- Aztec Crash Site, Aztec, New Mexico
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Feature: Bailey Art Museum - Robots of Clayton Bailey, Crockett, California
- Big Moose Country Store, Hoosick, New York
- Confederate Nuclear Missile, Cordele, Georgia
- Grave of Rocky's Adrian, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- World's Largest Functioning Fire Hydrant, Las Vegas, Nevada
Latest Visitor Tips