Charleston, South Carolina: Grayson's Tree of Knowledge
An old cypress tree stood at Grayson S. Carter's lumber business in the 1930s on this land. The "tree" is now a branchless center trunk on a concrete slab, with an embedded wisdom plaque.
Grayson's Tree of Knowledge
Visitor Tips and News About Grayson's Tree of Knowledge
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
A very old cypress tree was left standing almost a hundred years ago in a downtown Charleston business. Grayson S. Carter apparently had a lumber business in the 1930s on this land.
Two bronze plaques are embedded in the tree, giving very sage advise to those who happen to wander by this side of town. "God made this ole tree and I, and we often wonder why the people in this ole world are so discontent. My answer, rotten politics, greed, disloyalty to your fellow man."
[J. Young, 03/30/2012]
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
April 18, 2014
South Carolina Latest Tips and Stories
- Giant Shark Store Entrance, Garden City Beach, South Carolina
- Statues of King Hagler and General Kershaw, Camden, South Carolina
- Tardis in South Carolina, York, South Carolina
- Stone Bridge Built for The Patriot, Moncks Corner, South Carolina
- Parking Lot of Goofy Statues, North Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Champions For Humanity: Mount Rushmore of California, Oakland, California
- Statue of Pegasus, Jacksonville Beach, Florida
- Large Floating Rubber Duck, Jacksonville, Florida
- Swamis - Self Realization Fellowship, Encinitas, California
- Kermit the Frog and Jim Henson Statue, College Park, Maryland
Latest Visitor Tips