Shelton, Nebraska: Bicentennial Wind SculptureArtist George Baker sculpted a stainless steel array of wind-movable disks in a pond as part of Nebraska's 1976 celebration of the US Bicentennial. Guess someone paddles over with an oil can once a year....
- I-80 W., Shelton, NE
- I-80 westbound rest area at milepost 270, two miles west of exit 272. In the pond just north of the parking lot.
Visitor Tips and News About Bicentennial Wind Sculpture
I-80 westbound rest stop sculpture in a pond. Nice place to walk the kids and air out the car.[Voodoodriver, 03/31/2012]
Work of sculptor George Baker, the stainless steel installation was made for the Bicentennial in 1976. Good spot to catch wind.
Nearby Offbeat Places
- Oxen Pulling a Prairie Schooner, Kearney, NE - 3 mi.
- Great Platte River Road Archway Monument, Kearney, NE - 4 mi.
- Chevyland U.S.A., Elm Creek, NE - 13 mi.
- In the region: Monument: Where Brothers Were Pinned Together By An Arrow, Alda, NE - 34 mi.