Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania - Dino Trio
Visitor Tips and News About Dino Trio
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
We found this trio of dinos outside the side entrance of Wintergarden building at PPG Place. Since my daughter considers ketchup to be its own food group, the middle one was her favorite (Pittsburgh is Heinz country, after all). These were part of DinoMite Days, a 2004 public art project which resulted in 100 uniquely decorated dinosaurs. They were temporarily installed throughout the city, but most have since been sold to private collectors.
These are, from left to right: Philiposaurus. Artist: Gary Mesa GaidoKetchupsaurus. Artist: Kristina Martinez Mr. Dig. Artist: Glannis McClellan
[Traci at GoBIGorGoHomeBlog, 04/01/2012]
Address: Pittsburgh, PA
Directions: In front of the side entrance of the Wintergarden building in PPG Place on Third Avenue, between Wood and Stanwix.
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
March 11, 2014
Pennsylvania Latest Tips and Stories
- Eastern State Penitentiary Tours, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Feature: Pioneer Tunnel Coal Mine Tour, Ashland, Pennsylvania
- Tallest Tombstone in America, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Indian Echo Caverns, Hummelstown, Pennsylvania
- Feature: AACA Museum and Museum of Bus Transportation, Hershey, Pennsylvania
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Feature: The Wooldridge Monuments, Mayfield, Kentucky
- Graffiti Bridge, Pensacola, Florida
- Babe the Muffler Man, San Jose, California
- Olympic Torch Tower, Atlanta, Georgia
- World's Largest Indoor Train Display, West Chester, Ohio
Latest Visitor Tips